Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Facing a fear (almost, anyway)

There is this house that I have been dying to photograph!  It is vacant and delapidated and beautiful!  And the front door is wide open!!!  We drive by it all the time and I always say "I wish I had my camera with me!"   I mean, my chest gets tight because I want to go in there so desperately!  So yesterday was beautiful and sunny and I wanted to get the sun streaming through the windows.  So I pulled over, got out and walked up to the front door.  I took some pics of the outside and peeked in the door for another shot, but when I tried to walk in I was terrified!!!  I totally chickened out!  I wasn't afraid of being alone in a vacant house, I was afraid of NOT being alone in it!!!  I was picturing homeless, drug addicts and rapists and killers hiding out in the house.  My heart was pounding so hard that I could hear it and I tried kicking the door to move it all the way open and maybe get some kind of response from the vagrants inside, but the door would not budge!  I bet someone was hiding behind it trying to keep me out!  I still get shaky just thinking about it!  I have to find soemone to go in there with me!  And I have to make sure the kids aren't sitting in the car watching me next time! 



1 comment:

nateandkatesmom said...

I would love to go through it....but I'm afraid I'd be as freaked out as you were. I mean if I was homeless I would camp out in that sweet house. So it is a valid fear! I'm sure if someone was in there you would have gotten some sort of response when you kicked the door.